Plants and People: Practicing Our Way Back to Belonging
What does it mean to be human? Why are we here? Where are we going? What sustains us on that journey?
How can being in relationship with plants help us with these questions?
Join us in this co-learning space facilitated by Rev. Anne Dunlap, founder of FierceRev Remedies, with support from Christina Noyes, as we reimagine and practice together ways of learning about ourselves and our relationships to the world and each other.
Over the course of 10 months, we will explore herbal practices such as working with teas, making salves and tinctures, engaging in ritual work with herbs, and gaining a deeper understanding of the inner workings of our bodies. And, developing an herbal practice is about so much more. It’s about relearning the wisdom of our own bodies, being in relationship with our own bodies — our own bodies are smart and have wisdom for us! And it’s about remembering where we as humans belong in the collective of creation and practicing our way back into belonging. We can partner with the plants on this journey to remember who we are and who we are meant to be.
Gathering Schedule: 10-month series, 1x/month, from Imbolc to Samhain (Feb – Nov), 7-9pmET.
Dates: Feb 23, March 16, April 20, May 18, June 15, July 20, Aug 17, Sept 14, Oct 19, Nov 16
Who: Anyone is welcome, whether you are new to herbal practice or not, new to questions of collective liberation and what it means to be fully human or not. To assure a fully participatory space, we’re capping the number of participants at 20. We do ask that everyone participating commits to upholding the dignity of all people through their language and contributions, and be willing to work with facilitators to address instances of harm, should they arise.
Accessibility: We will use Zoom’s live caption feature. We’ll provide information in verbal, written, and visual formats and will use visual descriptions for images. The 2-hour gathering time includes a break. Being on-camera is not required. You are welcome to eat, stretch, do whatever you need to do to tend to your body. Please let us know if you have other accessibility needs.
- We want this offering to be as accessible to folks as possible while also honoring our time and experience in preparing and facilitating these gatherings. So we are offering sliding scale payment options; if these are still not accessible to you please reach out to me to work out other options.
- 10% of the total income will be donated to the Celestial Alegría Reparations Network.
- Pay fully up front, or pay monthly prior to the session.
- If you need a different arrangement please indicate below.
- The zoom link for each month’s session will be sent upon receipt of payment prior to that session.
Sliding Scale Options:
- $800: This is the full cost of attending and reflects the cost of the offering if a sliding scale was not offered. If you have access to financial security, own property or have savings, and are able to pay “wants” without worrying about securing life’s necessities, you likely belong here.
- $650: This option is for people who need some assistance to be able to participate. If you have access to a stable income, do not spend most of your time worrying about meeting basic needs such as food, housing, and transportation, and are also struggling to move beyond living paycheck-to-paycheck, you likely belong here.
- $500: This option is for people who would not be able to participate in the offering without an intentional opportunity to access it at a lower cost. If you are living paycheck-to-paycheck or are in significant debt and are struggling to pay for life’s necessities, you likely belong here.
What will the gatherings be like?
Rev. Anne has many years experience facilitating spaces that prioritize transformation and the whole human person, rather than production and achievement, and that assume everyone brings their own knowledge and experience into the space. So, this series is not an academic class, an achievement-oriented course, or a certification program. These gatherings are for practicing a different way of being together! That will look something like:
- Land-based practice & ritual
- Collective reading and conversation
- Knowledge/skillshares about herbcraft and body system basics as well as anti-oppression frameworks
- “Homework” between sessions
- Readings, reflection questions, herbal and other practices
- But we’re NOT grading anything! So engage at whatever your capacity allows.
- Optional participant offering/presentation